TURMOIL (NOUN): (शोरगुल):uncertainty
Synonyms: turbulence, ferment
Antonyms: contentment, tranquility
There was widespread turmoil in the city.
2. RIFT (NOUN): (दोष):a flaw, fault
Synonyms: breach, fissure
Antonyms: closure, agreement
It is a great misfortune that an internal rift has moved inexorably towards a full-blown crisis.
3. INEXORABLY (ADVERB): (क्रूरता या कठोरता से):in a way that is impossible to stop or prevent
Synonyms: ferociously, atrociously
Antonyms: gently, humanely
The public is enraged by the inexorable rise in petroleum prices.
4. DISSENSION (NOUN):(मतभेद): disagreement that leads to discord
Synonyms: controversy, friction
Antonyms: harmony, conformity
The SC has exposed an unprecedented level of dissension.
5. FERMENT (VERB): (उत्तेजित करना):agitation and excitement among a group of people
Synonyms: frenzy, storm
Antonyms: calm, peace
The highest court was in a state of ferment.
6. OMINOUS (ADJECTIVE):(अमंगल): giving the worrying impression
Synonyms: apocalyptic, baleful
Antonyms: bright, hopeful
A suggestion that is being read by some as an ominous reference to an unknown external hand.
7. DELINEATE (VERB):(रूपरेखा प्रस्तुत करना): describe precisely
Synonyms: define, limn
Antonyms: confuse, distort
The judge delineated the composition of the bench to hear the case.
8. POSTERITY (NOUN): (भावी पीढ़ी):all future generation of people
Synonyms: progeny, lineage
Antonyms: parent, past
This incident is regarded by posterity as an aberration rather than a precedent.
9. INTROSPECTION (NOUN):(अंतर्दर्शन):the examination of one’s own mental processes.
Synonyms: contemplation, reflection
Antonyms: ignorance, disregard
It is a moment for collective introspection.
10. CONVENE (VERB):(बुलाना): bring together for a meeting
Synonyms: assemble, congregate
Antonyms: disperse, separate
The Chief Justice must convene a meeting of the full court.