COMEMMORATE (VERB): (पुण्यस्मरण करना) pay tribute to
Synonyms: salute, honour
Antonyms: disregard, dishonour
The victory is commemorated in songs.
2. TERRIFIC (ADJECTIVE):(भयानक)horrible
Synonyms: terrible, awful
Antonyms: wonderful, pleasant
An enormous amount of dust blown by the terrific volcanic eruption.
3. DOOMED (ADJECTIVE):(अभिशप्त) ill-fated
Synonyms: cursed, damned
Antonyms: lucky, blessed
Those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it.
4. EXORBITANT (ADJECTIVE):(अत्यधिक)excessive
Synonyms: immoderate, wasteful
Antonyms: moderate, sensible
The guard is being paid an exorbitant salary to sit only.
5. PIVOTAL (ADJECTIVE):(आधारभूत)important
Synonyms: vital, crucial
Antonyms: unimportant, uncritical
Nice customer service is pivotal to a successful business.
6. SUPERVENE (VERB):(पीछे आना)follow
Synonyms: chase, pursue
Antonyms: precede, retreat
Firstly he did the honours then everybody supervened.
7. REPROACH (NOUN):(तिरस्कार)disgrace
Synonyms: blame, censure
Antonyms: compliment, praise
He gave her a look of reproach.
8. LAURELS (NOUN):(ख्याति)acclaim
Synonyms: accolade, praise
Antonyms: blame, disapproval
A soldier won his laurels in the battle field.
9. ABRADE (VERB):(कुरेदना)scrape
Synonyms: chafe, grate
Antonyms: make happy, please
The wool blanket abraded my legs and gave me a rash.
10. DEIFY(VERB): (देवता-सदृश पूजा करना) idealize
Synonyms: glorify, idolize
Antonyms: criticize, degrade
It is a mistake to deify celebrities let your parents be your living God.