EXEGESIS (NOUN): detailed explanation:(टिप्पणी)
Synonyms: interpretation, analysis
Antonyms: succinct, concise
Jovan’s exegesis of his latest book, made me realize that I completely misinterpreted the theme.
2. NUGATORY (ADJECTIVE): worthless:(नगण्य)
Synonyms: insignificant, piddling
Antonyms: competent, adequate
Buying the movie tickets was nugatory since we couldn’t reach the movie theatre on time.
3. LOOM (VERB): appear, often imposingly:(सम्भावना होना)
Synonyms: dominate, hover
Antonym: abandon, decline
The concerns of warmer air and humid surroundings loom large in our small coastal town.
4. POISED (ADJECTIVE): having self-confidence and self-assurance:(संतुलित)
Synonyms: confident, self-believing
Antonyms: fearful, timid
Despite the chaos, the soldier remained poised and calm as he directed the people through the emergency exits.
5. RECKON (VERB): to anticipate a specific thing will occur:(गिनना)
Synonyms: surmise, suppose
Antonyms: disbelieve, doubt
Weather analysts reckon the monsoon is moving south because southern cities are enjoying rains.
6. MANUMISSION (NOUN): release from slavery:(दासत्वमुक्ति)
Synonyms: freedom, emancipation
Antonym: slavery, restraint
Manumission allowed former slaves to become landowners.
7. FRENZY (NOUN): out of control behavior:(पागलपन)
Synonyms: hysteria, outburst
Antonyms: calm, composed
James is such a spoilt kid that he would often go into a frenzy when he didn’t get his way.
8. CASTIGATE (ADJECTIVE): to criticize severely:(फटकारना)
Synonyms: berate, revile
Antonyms: appreciate, flatter
One cannot castigate students and blame them for their failure if they are not provided with the resources they need.
9. INDELIBLE (ADJECTIVE): difficult to remove or wash erased:(अमिट)
Synonyms: indestructible, memorable
Antonyms: erasable, temporary
Mr. Herald will always have an indelible place in all our hearts, as he showed up for help when no one did.
10. ELUCIDATE (VERB): to make easy to understand:(स्पष्ट करना)
Synonyms: explicate, expound
Antonyms: obscure, complicate
Even if you cannot read the Spanish, the caricatures under the words will elucidate the message.