RECONNOITER (VERB): (खोजना) to survey a place or situation for planning purposes
Synonyms: inspect, examine
Antonyms: ignore, overlook
One should constantly reconnoiter one’s enemy’s movements.
2. RANKLE (VERB): (खिजाना/चिढ़ाना) to cause bitterness or irritation
Synonyms: annoy, embitter
Antonyms: comfort, pacify
Sarika was rankled by his assertion.
3. AKIN (ADJECTIVE): (समान) similar in nature
Synonyms: analogous, comparable
Antonyms: dissimilar, unlike
Something akin to gratitude overwhelmed her.
4. SNITCH (VERB): (प्रकट करना) reveal
Synonyms: divulge, evince
Antonyms: conceal, suppress
Today Akshima is going to snitch her secret.
5. CONCORD (NOUN): (समझौता) a state of accord or agreement
Synonyms: unanimity, harmony
Antonyms: disagreement, agitation
The two countries signed a pact of peace and concord.
6. BRUSQUE (ADJECTIVE): (बेअदब) blunt in manner or harsh speech
Synonyms: gruff, discourteous
Antonyms: polite, kind
His child is brusque and impatient.
7. FRACAS (NOUN): (दंगा/कोलाहल) a noisy disagreement
Synonyms: commotion, disturbance
Antonyms: agreement, harmony
The students were suspended from the class when they started a fracas.
8. FIAT (NOUN): (आज्ञाप्ति) order
Synonyms: command, dictum
Antonyms: opposition, denial
The CM’s latest fiat prohibits the chewing of tobacco in office.
9. ENNUI (NOUN): (थकान) boredom
Synonyms: tedium, languor
Antonyms: excitement, liveliness
Eaten up by ennui at his workplace, he decided to go on a vacation.
10. EFFIGY (NOUN): (पुतला) dummy
Synonyms: statue, figure
Antonyms: entity, being
The fringe set fire to an effigy of the director.